Terms and Conditions
SkillRide is a corporately owned site on the SkillRide Network ("Network") - Terms and Conditions are equally applicable to players coming from other independently branded sites operating on the SkillRide Network. The SkillRide Network is a subscription based, play for fun community of independently branded sites where players come together.
Terms of Service and License Agreement
In selecting the "Register and continue" button at the bottom of the Register page and proceeding through the registration and download procedure, you as the player expressly agree to and consent to be bound by all the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all of the terms of this Agreement, you will not be allowed to access, use or install any part of the Software. You accept that:
- Player acknowledges that SkillRide is a fun play site and token chips have no monetary or financial value outside the game site. Specifically, players cannot redeem any token chips, either purchased or accumulated through game play, for monetary or financial value.
- No-purchase-necessary to play.
- Player is not permitted to resell or transfer tokens to other players within the card room for financial compensation.
- SkillRide uses the $ sign to provide a unit of measure in order to describe the game rules and game structures. This convention is purely to provide a frame of reference to what are otherwise betting games. In this way, SkillRide provides customers a cardroom venue which replicates a realistic playing environment in which the player can hone their poker skills and measure their performance.
- SkillRide reserves the right to remove a player's token chips at anytime without notice.
- In cases where disputes arise between players, judgments of the cardroom are final, binding and conclusive in all matters.
- The cardroom is not responsible for any claims for losses or damages under any condition. Players are playing against each other and not against the cardroom.
- Player shall verify their registration information carefully during the online registration procedure. Account numbers will be sent to the email address specified in the online registration form.
Player has carefully read and AGREES to the following LICENSE AGREEMENT and ADDENDUM on subscriptions, prizes, eligibility and site use (collectively referred to as "Terms and Conditions" and/or "Agreement"):
THIS DOCUMENT IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT (Agreement) BETWEEN YOU THE LICENSEE (Licensee), and SkillRide.
In consideration of payment of a fee or complementary download (License Fee), which is a part of the price evidenced by a receipt, if any, as a corporately owned site on the SkillRide Network, SkillRide grants to you a license (Software License) for the non-exclusive right, without right to sub-license, to use the registered copy of the Software accompanied by this agreement on a single computer or a network of computers located within a single building or vessel at a time. This license will be for a period of three years from the date (License Date) the License Fee is paid. Upon payment of any additional License Fee for the receipt of Software upgrades or new Software versions, the Software License will automatically be extended for three years from the date of any such receipt. SkillRide/the SkillRide Network reserves all rights not expressly granted, including all subsequent copies in any media.
You may not permit other individual(s) to use the Software unless such other individual(s) agree to accept the terms of this Agreement. You may not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based upon the Software. You may not copy the Software. You may not rent, lease, transfer, sublicense or otherwise transfer rights to the Software. You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software, including the code underlying the Software, or Use the Software for any reason other than your private use. Commercial use is expressly prohibited.
Limitations on Use
You agree that you will use the Software in a manner that complies with all applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which you use the Software. We assume no responsibility for the actions by you, the Player. You acknowledge that if we are unable to determine where the Software is being used, that we may rely upon your representation and express acceptance of this restriction by clicking where indicated, and that you will only use the Software for free play (play for fun).
We are not responsible for claims for losses or damages resulting from any play under any condition. Tournament Players are playing against each other and not against us. Play at this site and/or Network is at the sole option, discretion and risk of the Player. Player is also responsible for maintaining the secrecy and security of their account passwords and other personal security information. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your, the Player's, account or any losses that may result, of such unauthorized use.
- YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE ("MATERIALS") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE. THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE ON BEHALF OF OURSELVES, OUR SUBSIDIARIES AND OUR LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE MATERIALS ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE MATERIALS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPNENTS. ANY MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE ARE DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH OR FROM THE SITES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
- WE DO NOT WARRANT ANY CLIENT SOFTWARE YOU MAY DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE OR FROM RELATED SITES. ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, CLIENT SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE ("CLIENT MATERIALS") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE. THE CLIENT MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ON BEHALF OF OURSELVES AND OUR LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CLIENT MATERIALS ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE CLIENT MATERIALS OR SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT TANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT NAY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE CLIENT MATERIALS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE CLIENT MATERIALS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPNENTS. ANY CLIENT MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE ARE DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES OR OUR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE, INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS TO YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OF DATA. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR LICENSOR BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHTHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WE OR OUR LICENSOR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILTY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Hold Harmless and Sole Remedy
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ourselves, our parents, our subsidiaries, agents, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors, and our licensors from all liabilities, actions, claims and expenses, including legal fees, asserted by any third party, governmental body or governmental agency, arising out of or relating to: (a) this agreement; (b) your use of the Site, including any data or work transmitted or received by you or any service provider; (c) your connection to our websites; (d) your violation of this agreement; (e) your violation of any gaming regulations, edicts or laws to which you are subject; or (f) your violation of any rights of a third party or service provider.
IN ANY EVENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM IN WHICH ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE ACTIOIN MAY BE BROUGHT, SHALL BE FOR YOU TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT.
Your Representations and Warranties
You hereby represent and warrant to us as follows:
A. You have read and you understand this Agreement.
B. The execution, delivery and performance by you of this Agreement and the consummation by you of the transactions contemplated hereby will not, with or without the giving of notice, the lapse of time or both, conflict with or violate:
(i) any provision of law, rule or regulation to which you are subject; (ii) any order, judgment or decree applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties; or (iii) any agreement or other instrument applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties.
If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability will not invalidate or render unenforceable any other part of this Agreement, but the Agreement will be construed as not containing the particular provision or provisions held to be invalid or unenforceable.
Free Play Only
This website and/or Network does not permit players to wager real money and has no ability to accept deposits as it is a "free play" site only. Chips in players' accounts have no monetary or financial value, and cannot be exchanged for anything of value and cannot serve as a medium of exchange. Any and all references in the website and or Network to "pots," "limits", "winnings","betting" or the like are solely for instructional or illustrative purposes and do not involve wagering real money. This website uses the "$" sign to provide a unit of measure in order to describe the game rules and game structures. This convention is purely to provide a frame of reference to what are otherwise betting games, and does therefore not represent real money wagering.
We strive to maintain a friendly and pleasant atmosphere for our players. While we cannot be held responsible for the conduct of any player, we do observe the right to refuse use of our card room to anyone who violates our codes of conduct.
The following is deemed inappropriate conduct:
- Collusion with another player of any sort or any other form of cheating;
- Agreeing to take any action when there is another player all-in;
- Telling anyone your down cards before a hand is complete;
- Needlessly stalling the action in a game;
- Selling play chips for cash;
- Attempting in any way to induce a player to leave a game to play in another
- Verbally threatening, harassing any customer or employee or using profanity or obscene language.
- Making statements that could unfairly influence the action in a game (e.g., telling a player he has made the wrong hand).
- Chatting in any language other than English during game play (trivial exceptions will be made).
- Begging other players for play chips or tournament points.
- Advertising websites or other commercial services.
- Typing words, characters or phrases that make it difficult for others to use the chat feature.
- Coaching players or suggesting how others should play their hand with respect to another player's hands
- Management reserves the right to make decisions in the interest of fairness and player's previous chat history with us.
- The decision of our management is final.
SkillRide / Network ("Site") Membership and Subscription Fee
- We charge a subscription fee to be a member of the Site (here on known as (a) Subscriber(s), (a) Member(s)) and immediately receive certain benefits, which may vary from time to time, including, automatic token chip reload, chat, and customizability. Among others, these benefits are not available to non-Subscribers. Subscribers will also have access to play in Promotional Tournaments. Note, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to substitute, modify or terminate specific Subscriber benefits. Please check "News and Promos" for current offerings. You have no right to a specific Subscriber benefit.
- You have three (3) different types of Subscription levels to choose from that include HammerHead, Tiger and Great White Subscription levels. These have the same Subscriber benefits, but vary in token allocation (including initial allotment and weekly top-ups). The three (3) Subscription levels have three (3) different periods. You can purchase for a one (1) month, three (3) month or one year period. All Subscriptions are prepaid, and are not refundable in whole or in part for any reason.
- Continuing Duty and Affirmation. Each time you use the Site, you represent and warrant to that:
- You are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the legal age in the applicable Jurisdiction, whichever is higher;
- Your access to the Site and our offering is legal in your applicable Jurisdiction
- The e-mail address submitted by you is owned or controlled by you; and
- All information you provide is true, accurate, current and complete. All such representations and warranties are relied upon by us.
- By applying for registration, you authorize us to make any and all inquiries as we in our sole discretion consider necessary to verify the information provided by you. We may require you to submit such proof of age, identity and place of residence as we may require, at any time. We reserve the right to suspend and/or terminate your registration and/or account where it has grounds to suspect that any of your provided information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete. You maintain the responsibility to promptly update the information provided at registration to keep it true, accurate and complete.
- Changes to Your Account.
In the event of changes to any of your personal account details or other financial information relevant to your account, you must inform us immediately by sending an e-mail using our Contact Form.
- One Account Only.
You may only register one account for yourself. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you shall not register more than one account, for yourself. If it is determined that you have registered more than one account, then you acknowledge and agree that you shall not be eligible to win any prizes and you may be excluded from play.
- Secrecy Obligation.
Once you have selected and been allocated a unique username and password ("Identifiers"), it is your responsibility to keep these Identifiers secure and confidential. Some or all of these Identifiers are required to access certain areas of the Site. In the event that you are concerned that they are no longer secure and confidential, you should immediately notify us by sending an e-mail using our Contact Form, whereupon new Identifiers may be selected and allocated and any future transactions under the previous Identifiers may be voided, at our sole discretion Without limiting the foregoing, any transactions made and accepted on the Site where your Identifiers have been used (and where you have not previously notified us as provided herein) will be treated as valid.
- No Transfer.
Your account is not transferable. Under no circumstances, shall you allow or permit any other person or third party, and in no event any person under the age of eighteen (18) years, to use or re-use your account or your Identifiers in such a way that may breach the standards or laws in any Jurisdiction where you are located and/or are a resident, or where such other person is located and/or is a resident. Any person found to have violated this section will not be entitled to collect any prizes or winnings and may be reported to the relevant authorities.
- You Are Responsible.
You agree to be solely responsible for all use of the Site through the use of any of your Identifiers (except where you have notified us as provided above) and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, along with our parent company, affiliates, managers, agents and directors, licensors and licensee for any and all claims, losses, liability, damages and costs (including attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from such use.
- Services May Change or End.
We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you, to add, alter or discontinue services offered on the Site without creating any obligation to you.
- You Must Obey Guidelines and Rules.
When using the services on the Site, you agree that you are subject to any guidelines, policies or contest rules applicable to such services, which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines, policies or contest rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these terms. You fully accept that all computer instructions and response sent over the Internet to and from us and/or through use of software will be binding on you. Your commercial use of the Site or any of the online contests is strictly forbidden. See Games & Rules of the games offered.
- Telecom and Access Fees.
You are solely responsible for obtaining access to the Site and that access may involve third party fees, including without limitation, Internet service provider, telephone, cable or airtime fees. You are solely responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are solely responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Site.
- Odds, Risk and Fair Play.
You acknowledge and agree that the tournaments are skill based contests that measure your ability to play poker and manage risk against the skills of others and that you are not likely to profit from this entertainment endeavour. The results of all tournaments offered on the site depend on the number of the players participating in such tournaments; precise odds are therefore unavailable.
You acknowledge and agree that you shall not cheat, attempt to cheat, or otherwise interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operations of the Site or any particular Site service or contest. If we believe in our sole discretion that you have engaged, or attempted to engage, in any act to cheat, use automated technology or otherwise unfairly alter your likelihood of winning, or to otherwise commit fraud with regard to the Site, then, in such an event, you will forfeit all prizes or winnings to which you may otherwise be entitled, and we reserve the right to institute civil or file criminal proceedings against you and to report you to the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Behaviour & Responsibility
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of any website or use of any portion of the Site for any commercial purposes.
- You shall not register multiple accounts or use any automated technology, including but not limited to robots, scripts, macros, and/or programs, LAN play, or engaging in team play on any of our websites. You acknowledge and understand that any attempt to participate in any service offered on any of our websites by means of automatic, macro, programmed, or similar methods, or to otherwise commit fraud in regards to any of our websites, will result in civil and/or criminal prosecution, termination of your account, and forfeiture of all winnings to which you may otherwise be entitled
- You agree that we are not liable for any loss caused by any unauthorized use of your credit card by a third party in connection with any of our sites or any third party sites.
- Any attempt to defraud us through the use of credit cards or any other form of payment, regardless of the outcome, or nay failure by you to honour charges or requests for payment will result in immediate termination of your account and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- You agree that we are not, and shall not be, responsible for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from hacking, tampering, or other unauthorized access or use of the site or your account.
- You, as the holder of your account, are solely responsible for all obligations and are entitled to all benefits there from, and may not allow any other person to access your account, access any of our websites, or participate in any services using your account information. Your account is not transferable to any other person. By registering and/or participating in any services offered on our sites, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from or for any claims, liability, damages, and/or costs (including attorneys' fees) arising from any use of your account by any person.
- You agree to never transmit data, conversation, or any other information that may be (i) defamatory or offensive, (ii) slanderous, (iii) rude, (iv) infringe the rights of any third party, or (v) deemed generally unacceptable behaviour in our sole discretion.
- Computer Errors.
You acknowledge that full freedom from errors and incompleteness is impossible to achieve with respect to computer software. If you become aware that the software contains any error, or is incomplete, you shall immediately notify us by using our Contact Form. You agree to refrain from taking any advantage whatsoever of that error or incompleteness and we reserve the right to recover any such advantage that you do gain from such error or incompleteness, as well as all associated costs, damages and expenses in making such recovery. We will be liable for any alleged winnings that are, in our sole discretion, the result of a system error or malfunction.
Whenever we request additional verification, proof or documentation from you, including without limitation a copy of your passport, driver's license or utility bill, such materials must be sent by facsimile, mail or such other means of communication specified by us. Such materials will become our property and will not be returned to you.
- If you are a Subscriber and you refer a "valid person" (as defined below) to us, and that person becomes a paying Subscriber in any form you will be credited the initial amount of tokens associated with the subscription level purchased by the referral. For example if the referred player purchases a Tiger-Shark subscription level, they will receive 1,500,000 tokens and we will credit your account with an additional 1,500,000 tokens within two business days.
- In order to be eligible the referred player must contact support at the time of the purchase and include your nickname.
- A "valid person" must be a new customer (unique to us), over the age of 18 that registers and
- Is not registered under any other name or alias
- Submits a valid email address
- Submits their legal First and Last Name
- Submits a complete valid mailing address
- Accepts our Terms and Conditions and meets all other qualifications to be a member and to play on the Site as set forth in these terms and conditions, as they may be modified from time to time.
- We reserve the right to determine in its sole discretion whether a customer is a "valid person"
- We may modify any of the terms and conditions of or cancel the referral program, at any time and in our sole discretion, by posting a change or cancellation notice on our site. Modifications may include, for example, changes in the scope of available bonus, and of referral program rules.
- Any abuse of the referral program may result in the cancellation of the above bonuses or entry, as well as account closure.
- Other Sites Are Not Our Responsibility.
This Site may link you to other websites, which websites may contain information or material that some people may find objectionable. These other websites are not under our direct control and you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright and trade mark compliance, legality, decency or any other aspect of the content of such websites. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such third party content, goods or services available on or through any such website.
- Future Marketing. You hereby acknowledge and agree that we and/or our affiliates, licensors and licensee may market products and services to you in the future.
Rights to Cancel or Modify Tournament Schedule or Games Offered
No warranty or representation is made that the prize pool will consist of a specific amount or number of tournaments or kind of tournaments. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion to modify the tournaments, kinds and types of games offered and the scheduling of all games and tournaments.
We reserve the right to provide substitute merchandise prizes in the event that we or the vendor are unable to meet reasonable delivery requirements or in the event that a tournament winner is located outside the continental United States, or Canada.
Prize Delivery Time
Unless otherwise specified, merchandise will ship within 30 days of the date the prize is claimed by the winning player and eligibility is verified. All goods are shipped F.O.B. Origin, and accordingly the Site takes no responsibility for any damage incurred during shipping. In certain specifically disclosed merchandise tournaments, the Site may choose to bear the cost of shipping with the continental U.S., or Canada, although the Site is under no obligation to do so.
You will be responsible to adhere to the tax laws in your Jurisdictions when claiming a merchandise prize, and no guidance will be required from the Site.
By registering for an account, you agree that the Site may display your user name, prize winnings and tournaments records. By accepting any prize from the Site, you agree to allow the Site to publish, print, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media at any time, now or hereafter created, your name, picture, voice, likeness, and/or biographical information for promotional purposes without additional compensation and execute such releases as the company may require for this purpose. If requested Winners agree to wear our branded clothing for the duration of any applicable TV Events and tournament or any other part of the tournament or Promotion that is recorded for television.
Subscription Services Billing
1. Subscribers are responsible to renew their Membership / Subscribership on expiry. The Site does not automatically bill on renewals.
Third Party Websites
Revision Date: August 10, 2011